Kojima Productions was formed in 2005 after the Konami Computer Entertainment Japan studio was merged into Konami which meant Hideo Kojima was no longer president of a subsidiary1. The idea behind this was to free Kojima from some of his business decisions to allow him to focus more on game development.
Under the new subsidiary studio, Konami released titles in the Metal Gear Solid series from Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence onwards as well as Lunar Knights and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (with MercurySteam).
- Trading Name
- Hideo Kojima
- Location: Roppongi Hills, Tokyo, Japan
- Key People
- Hideo Kojima (current Vice President of Konami Digital Entertainment, director of Kojima Productions and game developer)
- 200 (data correct as of 2008)2
- Major Franchises
- Metal Gear Solid series
- Zone of the Enders series
- Lunar Knights series
- Official Site
- http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/index.html (Japanese & English)