Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

The Last Story debut trailer

1. Visually, it reminds me of a cross between Final Fantasy XII and Vagrant Story. I know that's kind of silly, since they are so similar all ready. But basically it reminds me a of FFXII with it's large busy cities, but with the darker, grittier atmosphere of Vagrant Story.

Combat looks cool. Hope it turns out to play well.

+
  2. @Nels Yea totally. I got huge Yasumi Matsuno vibes from this game, but that's impossible because he said he's not involved. The gameplay looks really deep in the vein of what a Matsuno game should be so I'm very interested to find out who the actual director is.

+
  3. @Pugz It's more than possible; He's a very influential figure to us, and we're not even game designers.

+
  4. @Matt Oh no that's true but he tweeted a while back stating that he wasn't involved...........unless he's a manic liar of course.

+
  5. @Nels that sounds pretty spot-on, and I definitely like it. The atmosphere and art style in this trailer are perfect. If they play their cards right (I'm sure they will, but Mistwalker's games haven't gone mainstream right? underrated??) it looks like the Wii's RPG niche is gonna have a lot more than Xenoblade going for it.

edit: maybe Matsuno isn't directly involved, but he's good friends with Sakaguchi right? It definitely shows in this trailer; maybe some influence spilled over.

+
  6. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2376 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close